LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- Here are some of the stories that topped the news in Lewisboro last week:
- Drivers in Westchester County and throughout New York State could face tougher fines and penalties if caught texting and driving.
- Westchester County placed seven different school districts in the top 25 rankings of best public school systems, according to Niche, an education website dedicated to providing rankings and systems on school districts throughout the country.
- The second major accident on southbound I-684 on Monday was reported at 3:15 p.m. The accident, at Route 35 in Katonah Exit 6), initially took out two lanes, as did an accident further south on I-684 during the morning commute.
- State police made two drunken driving arrests and issued 14 violations for speeding and unlawful cell phone use as part of a detail with the Westchester County and Greenburgh police departments on Friday.
- Former U.S, Rep. Nan Hayworth has conceded to U.S. Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney in the race for New York's 18th Congressional District.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.