SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. -- As the power went out on Halloween, South Salem firefighters handled at least four calls while helping to make sure that all of the trick-or-treaters were safe, according to South Salem Fire Department Chief Avery Scott.
Firefighters responded to a call for loose wires, in addition to another for someone cooking on a camp stove, who was looking for an alternative way to cook but ended up with a small fire, Scott said.
"It really was business as usual as far as the type of calls we get," said Scott.
In addition, firefighters also responded to calls for carbon monoxide at two different homes, he said.
Scott said all the residents were safe and the homes were cleared.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.