Summer is on our doorstep, which means there is more and more to do outdoors on the weekends around Pound Ridge and Lewisboro, such as farmers markets, visits to the Wolf Conservation Center and hikes through Ward Pound Ridge Reservation. Here is a list of upcoming weekend events.
- Open Mic Night at Marielas Wine & Espresso Bar , 8 to 11 p.m. Marielas will hold an open mic night with host Gordon Thurber . Come try out the song youve been working on. All are welcome and admission is free. Marielas is located at 71 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3424 for more info.
- Gossett Brothers' Farmers Market , 9 a.m. to 1p.m. The first market of June will be filled with some of the best farm fresh food of the year so far. Both Madura Farms and Gaias Breath Farm will feature fresh-picked produce. The Farmers Daughter will offer homemade treats that are likely to sell out by noon. The market is located at 1202 Route 35 at Gossett Brothers Nursery in South Salem.
- Pound Ridge Librarys Second Saturday Review of Literature , 10:30 to 11:30 p.m. The group will discuss Room: A Novel by Emma Donoghue. There will be a discussion and light refreshments. Registration is required. Call the library at 914-764-5085. The library is located at 271 Westchester Ave., in Pound Ridge.
- A Celebration of Wildlife and Art at Ward Pound Ridge , noon to 4 p.m. Two exhibits featuring watercolor images, sculpture and photographs will go on view during an opening reception at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation in Cross River. Watershed Wildlife Watercolors,featuring the work of wildlife artist Paul Thiesing and A Touch of Nature, an exhibit of outdoor photography by Bill Wiegelman, will also open at the Gallery in the Park. A highlight of the opening will be a birds of prey demonstration by wildlife educator Jim Eyring, who will discuss the natural history and lifestyles of these birds. Visitors will be able to view several of them up close. There will also be guided nature walks throughout the afternoon. Admission is free. Parking is $5 with a park pass, $10 without the pass. Ward Pound Ridge Reservation is located at the junction of Route 35 and Route 121 South in Cross River. Call 914-864-7317 for more info.
- Pack Chat for Kids at the Wolf Conservation Center , 2 to 3:30 p.m. This is an introduction to wolves for families with young children, 4 to 8 years old. Kids will learn about the mythology surrounding wolves and the important role of wolves in the natural world. Guests will visit ambassador wolves Alawa and Zephyr as well as the WCCs critically endangered red wolves and Mexican gray wolves. Dont forget a camera. Cost is $13 for adults and $11 for kids under 12. Pre-registration is required via the website . The WCC is located at 7 Buck Run, South Salem.
- Marielas Hosts First Annual Portfolio Wine Tasting , 2 to 6 p.m. Taste 75 wines from all around the world. The cost is $25 in advance, $35 at the door. Call 914-764-3424 to purchase tickets. Marielas Wine & Espresso Bar is located at 71 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge.
- League of Women Voters Voter Registration Drive , 10 a.m. to 2p.m. The LWV of Bedford, Lewisboro, North Salem will host a voter registration table in front of the Bedford Library. The group will hand out voter registration forms, absentee ballots and LWV membership forms. The library is located at 32 Village Green in Bedford.
- Andrew Bordeaux Live at Marielas Wine Bar , 8 p.m. Andrew Bordeaux is a singer/songwriter from Mt. Kisco. He attended Harvard University where he performed for thousands in the historic Hasty Pudding Theatricals and played in the Harvard Pops Orchestra alongside British vocalist Tom Lowe in Tommy and the Tigers. He also played in sessions for artists like Lauryn Hill. Last September, he released his Live Your Way EP. Admission is free. Marielas is located at 71 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3424 for more info.
- Live Music at North Star , 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Dennis Collins and Mike DiMeo will perform at the North Star restaurant in Pound Ridge. Collins, who is accompanied on piano by DiMeo, has recorded with starts such as Roberta Flack, Sting, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow and Faith Hill. North Star is located at 85 Westchester Ave. Call 914-764-0200 for more information.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.