Thursday, Oct. 26 is National Pumpkin day. Time to dig into your kid's Jack-O-Lantern and whip up a cleansing - and nourishing pumpkin face mask.
So says South Salem resident and DIY eco-beauty guru Indie Lee .
According to Lee's blog , the pumpkin enzymes act as a gentle exfoliator that won’t strip skin with harsh irritants. It's also loaded with vitamins A and C which promotes new cell regeneration.
Plus, reads her blog, it’ll smell just as delicious as what's in the oven.
Go to www.indielee.com for more recipes including a mouth-watering sweet potato mask.
Indie Lee’s Glowing Pumpkin Face Mask
- 4 tbsp. Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 4 tbsp. Organic Honey
- ½ tbsp. Greek Yogurt or Avocado Oil
- 1 drop of Sandalwood Essential Oil
- 1 drop of Carrot Seed Oil
- Dash of Pumpkin Pie Spice (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients until well blended.
- Cover the mask and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Apply to face and let sit for five to ten minutes. Then rinse face with warm water and pat dry with a clean towel.
The mask should only be used on the day of preparation and not stored afterwards.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.