LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- Lewisboro will be celebrating "First Day" on Friday, Jan. 1, with events ranging from yoga and dances (well, howls at least) with wolves to hiking and bird-feeder making.
The free events run from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Here’s the schedule:
- Yoga at Onatru Farm. 9-10 a.m. Kripatu instructors Bobbe Stulta and Jo Ann Hickey. Bring a mat if you have one; if you don’t, they have extras.
- Howling with wolves . Wolf Conservation Center. 9-10 a.m. RSVP to email@example.com. Space is limited.
- Lewisboro Land Trust hike. Ward Pound Ridge Reservation. 11 a.m. Chile and hot cider reception follows. Meet at the Trailside Museum. At the same time as lunch is served, the Lewisboro Garden Club will host a workshop for kids to make winter bird feeders to be hung on trees.
- Swearing in of town officials. 11:30 a.m. Lewisboro Library.
- Art show. Onatru Farm. Noon - 4 p.m. Coffee, hot chocolate, and donuts will be served by the Lewisboro Lions.
- Animal Embassy show . 2 p.m. Animal ambassadors from around the globe will provide interactive and educational fun.
- Beatles to Bach Concert. South Salem Presbyterian Church. 4-5 p.m. For more information, go to www.lewisborogov.com and click on First Day Celebration.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.