Just because the snow hasn’t fallen measurably this winter, does not mean that it won’t. Recent Westchester County weather has been unpredictable, to say the least.
Here are winter driving tips from AAA to help keep you safe on the (soon-to-be) icy roadways.
- Check and maintain proper tire pressure;
- Test coolant to endure cold-weather protection;
- Check brake lights and all other bulbs;
- Maintain emergency kit – make sure it is complete with essentials (including bottled water, extra phone charger; blanket and non-perishables);
- Drive defensively: keep eyes on the road ahead;
- Install winter (heavy duty) wiper blades;
- Increase following distance in order to compensate for possibly compromised traction;
- Accelerate and brake more slowly, and always watch for ice.