SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. – Harris Walker of South Salem played in a United States Tennis Association Player Development Camp recently at the National Tennis Center in Flushing, N.Y.
Walker was one of 32 players invited to the camp, which featured the best 8th and 9th grade players in the country. The youngsters played against one another, giving them a rare opportunity to play against top level competition.
Walker, a rising freshman at King in Stamford, is ranked No. 92 in the nation and No. 7 in New York by Tennis Recruiting Network. In a tournament in Latham, N.Y., in May, Walker won the singles title in the Eastern Sweet 16. He won his quarterfinals and semifinal matches after dropping the first set. In the finals, he defeated Daniel Pellerito, who retired with an injury in the second set.
- 1 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 2 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 3 Katonah-Lewisboro School Board OK's Deeper Tax-Levy Cut Than Predicted
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Lewisboro
- 5 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies