SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. – Harris Walker of South Salem played in a United States Tennis Association Player Development Camp recently at the National Tennis Center in Flushing, N.Y.
Walker was one of 32 players invited to the camp, which featured the best 8th and 9th grade players in the country. The youngsters played against one another, giving them a rare opportunity to play against top level competition.
Walker, a rising freshman at King in Stamford, is ranked No. 92 in the nation and No. 7 in New York by Tennis Recruiting Network. In a tournament in Latham, N.Y., in May, Walker won the singles title in the Eastern Sweet 16. He won his quarterfinals and semifinal matches after dropping the first set. In the finals, he defeated Daniel Pellerito, who retired with an injury in the second set.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 State Police Charge Two During Route 35 DWI Checkpoint