SOUTH SALEM, N.Y. – Harris Walker of South Salem played in a United States Tennis Association Player Development Camp recently at the National Tennis Center in Flushing, N.Y.
Walker was one of 32 players invited to the camp, which featured the best 8th and 9th grade players in the country. The youngsters played against one another, giving them a rare opportunity to play against top level competition.
Walker, a rising freshman at King in Stamford, is ranked No. 92 in the nation and No. 7 in New York by Tennis Recruiting Network. In a tournament in Latham, N.Y., in May, Walker won the singles title in the Eastern Sweet 16. He won his quarterfinals and semifinal matches after dropping the first set. In the finals, he defeated Daniel Pellerito, who retired with an injury in the second set.
- 1 Former Waccabuc Resident Spent $11,000 On Takeout
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Cross River Man, 20, Had Sexual Phone Chats With Minors, Police Say
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Lewisboro
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Lewisboro Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'