PLEASANTVILLE, N.Y. -- The Pace University baseball team fell to the Dominican Chargers 8-3 in a non-conference game.
The Setters (1-3) struck first in the opening inning as senior Michael Viegas and senior Chris Gili singled to put runners at first and third with one out. James Pjura drove in the first run of the game with a double to center. Ian Wukitsch followed with an RBI groundout to put the Setters in front 2-0 after one inning.
Dominican (4-4) scored two runs in the fourth and two more in the fifth for a 6-2 lead, which it never gave up.
The Setters are scheduled to play Dowling on Friday, March 14 at 6 p.m. at the USA Baseball National Training Complex in Cary, N.C.
Visit pace.edu to learn more.
- 1 John Jay Student Disciplined After Bomb Threat, Superintendent Says
- 2 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 3 Lewisboro Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Katonah-Lewisboro School District Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 5 Somers Massage Business Employees Charged With Prostitution