ALBANY, N.Y. -- The Ossining High School varsity girls basketball team made a valiant second-half comeback before falling just short, losing 63-57 to Long Island Lutheran High School Saturday in the New York State Girls Federation Tournament at the Albany Times Union Center.
The Federation Tournament matches the champions of New York State public, private, parochial and New York City public schools to determine the best team in each school size class.
The Pride trailed 32-24 at halftime and 47-42 after three quarters before Madison Stripoli hit two 3-pointers and teammate Abby Squirrell added a 3-pointer to give Ossining a 57-55 lead with 2:49 remaining in the game.
Long Island Lutheran, the Class AA private schools champion, then outscored the Pride 8-0 over the final two minutes to earn the title.
Ossining, which won its second straight New York State Public Schools Class AA title last week, finished its season with a record of 25-3 and will return all of its five starting players next season.
Abby Squirrell won the tournament's Sportsmanship award and teammate Shadeen Samuels was named to the Federation All-Star team.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Vacant Home In Goldens Bridge Destroyed By Fire
- 3 Lewisboro's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Lewisboro Must Prepare
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Two Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester