LEWISBORO, N.Y. – John Jay-Cross River High School hockey goalie Matt Lanza is The Lewisboro Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for December.
Opposing offenses have struggled with Lanza all season and the Indians are 9-0 to start the season as a result. In fact, Lanza has four shutouts already this year.
The Indians started the season with 3-0 and 11-0 wins against Pawling and Brewster high schools, respectively. John Jay then edged Hendrick Hudson High School, 3-2, and overcame Carmel High School, 5-2.
Lanza then struggled somewhat in a 5-4 win against Monroe-Woodbury High School but quickly got back on track with 7-1 and 8-0 wins against Kennedy/Putnam Valley and Pawling, respectively. Yorktown High School managed five goals in a 7-5 loss to John Jay, but Lanza made sure to end December on a high note with a 4-0 shutout of Fox Lane High School.
The junior has John Jay in position to be a factor when the postseason arrives.
- 1 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 2 Katonah-Lewisboro School Board OK's Deeper Tax-Levy Cut Than Predicted
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 5 Lewisboro Residents Get To See Blue Moon Friday Night