LEWISBORO, N.Y. – John Jay-Cross River High School hockey goalie Matt Lanza is The Lewisboro Daily Voice Student-Athlete of the Month for December.
Opposing offenses have struggled with Lanza all season and the Indians are 9-0 to start the season as a result. In fact, Lanza has four shutouts already this year.
The Indians started the season with 3-0 and 11-0 wins against Pawling and Brewster high schools, respectively. John Jay then edged Hendrick Hudson High School, 3-2, and overcame Carmel High School, 5-2.
Lanza then struggled somewhat in a 5-4 win against Monroe-Woodbury High School but quickly got back on track with 7-1 and 8-0 wins against Kennedy/Putnam Valley and Pawling, respectively. Yorktown High School managed five goals in a 7-5 loss to John Jay, but Lanza made sure to end December on a high note with a 4-0 shutout of Fox Lane High School.
The junior has John Jay in position to be a factor when the postseason arrives.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Vacant Home In Goldens Bridge Destroyed By Fire
- 3 Lewisboro's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Lewisboro Must Prepare
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester