KATONAH, N.Y. --The Harvey School's boys basketball celebrated Senior Day Saturday with a 57-55 win over Housatonic Valley Athletic League rival Watkinson.
Before the team’s final regular season home game, Harvey paid homage to seniors Christian Artuso, Jake Cohn and Deshawn Hilliard. A fourth senior, Andrew Schwartz, has been inactive this season due to medical reasons.
Ricky Hicks scored 12 points to lead Harvey. Coh, from Pound Ridge, had nine points and five assists. Hilliard had 10 rebounds and seven points. Freshman Evan Roteman of Chappaqua score the game's decisive points, hitting two free throws to give Harvey a 55-51 lead.
Watkinson, which beat Harvey by 30 earlier this season, scored with three seconds left. Harvey was called for an inbounds violation, giving Watkinson a chance to send the game to overtime or win it with a 3-pointer. Watkinson's inbounds pass was tipped, and Harvey hung on.
“The team rallied behind its seniors and the morale was through the roof. We are really starting to gel and come together at the right time,'' coach Dom Narcisco said.
Harvey, 5-4 in the league and 9-10 on the season, will look to even its record on Friday, Feb. 14, against Chase Collegiate.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Lewisboro
- 2 Waccabuc District Nominated As Historic Place
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported Near Route 138 In Goldens Bridge
- 4 Katonah Girl Named All-America, Places Second In Nation In 3,000-Meter Run
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show