YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Yorktown middle school teacher Jill Proskin won $17,750 as a contestant on ABC’s “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?”
Proskin, a Cross River resident, made it up to her eighth question on Wednesday’s show and continued as a holdover contestant Thursday. She started her ninth question with an accumulated bank of $35,500 and no lifelines left.
On Thursday’s show, Proskin walked away from the game after seeing a question about New York Yankees legend Babe Ruth.
The question was “What would Babe Ruth's name have been if changed to reflect his jersey number in the same manner as football's Chad Ochocinco?” The answer was “Babe Tres.”
Proskin was able to take home half of her accumulated “Millionaire Bank,” and took home $17,750 in winnings. If she had guessed incorrectly on the ninth question, she would have fallen back to $1,000 in winnings.
Read The Daily Voice's earlier interview with Proskin here.
- 1 Goldens Bridge FD Provides Aid In Blaze That Injures Somers Contractor
- 2 Child, Infant Among Seven Involved In Southeast Two-Car Crash
- 3 Driver, Witnesses Assist Police After Pedestrian Struck, Killed On Saw Mill
- 4 I-684 Accident Causes Heavy Delays
- 5 Goldens Bridge FD Assists In Battling Two-Alarm Blaze In Somers