YORKTOWN, N.Y. – Yorktown middle school teacher Jill Proskin won $17,750 as a contestant on ABC’s “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?”
Proskin, a Cross River resident, made it up to her eighth question on Wednesday’s show and continued as a holdover contestant Thursday. She started her ninth question with an accumulated bank of $35,500 and no lifelines left.
On Thursday’s show, Proskin walked away from the game after seeing a question about New York Yankees legend Babe Ruth.
The question was “What would Babe Ruth's name have been if changed to reflect his jersey number in the same manner as football's Chad Ochocinco?” The answer was “Babe Tres.”
Proskin was able to take home half of her accumulated “Millionaire Bank,” and took home $17,750 in winnings. If she had guessed incorrectly on the ninth question, she would have fallen back to $1,000 in winnings.
Read The Daily Voice's earlier interview with Proskin here.
- 1 Former Waccabuc Resident Spent $11,000 On Takeout
- 2 Cousin Charged In Death Of 5-Year-Old Subject Of Amber Alert
- 3 Cross River Man, 20, Had Sexual Phone Chats With Minors, Police Say
- 4 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Lewisboro
- 5 Sony Pulls Movie; Lewisboro Will Have To Wait On 'Interview'