LEWISBORO, N.Y. – Candidate packets are available for residents interested in running for the Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District Board of Education in May.
They can be obtained from District Clerk Kimberly Monzon at the district offices, located at 186 Waccabuc Road in Goldens Bridge, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Katonah-Lewisboro Board of Education will have three trustee vacancies up for grabs in the May 21 election. A school board trustee’s term is three years.
Each candidate must properly file a nominating petition with the district clerk in order for his or her name to appear on the ballot. The deadline to submit the nominating petition is Monday, April 22, at 5 p.m.
The Westchester-Putnam School Boards Association will host a workshop for prospective school board members on Thursday, April 11. Details on the workshop will be provided in the prospective candidate packets.
The Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District serves approximately 3,850 pupils in six schools: Increase Miller Elementary, Katonah Elementary, Lewisboro Elementary, Meadow Pond Elementary, John Jay Middle School and John Jay High School.
- 1 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer
- 2 Presentations Scheduled On Scotts Corners Overhaul
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Taking Extra Vitamins Increases Cancer, Heart Disease Risk, Study Says
- 5 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed