LEWISBORO, N.Y. – Candidate packets are available for residents interested in running for the Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District Board of Education in May.
They can be obtained from District Clerk Kimberly Monzon at the district offices, located at 186 Waccabuc Road in Goldens Bridge, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The Katonah-Lewisboro Board of Education will have three trustee vacancies up for grabs in the May 21 election. A school board trustee’s term is three years.
Each candidate must properly file a nominating petition with the district clerk in order for his or her name to appear on the ballot. The deadline to submit the nominating petition is Monday, April 22, at 5 p.m.
The Westchester-Putnam School Boards Association will host a workshop for prospective school board members on Thursday, April 11. Details on the workshop will be provided in the prospective candidate packets.
The Katonah-Lewisboro Union Free School District serves approximately 3,850 pupils in six schools: Increase Miller Elementary, Katonah Elementary, Lewisboro Elementary, Meadow Pond Elementary, John Jay Middle School and John Jay High School.
- 1 Pleasantville Teen Is Sentenced In Crash That Killed Three
- 2 Woman Injured In Pound Ridge Minivan Rollover
- 3 Schumer Calls For Harsher 'Swatting' Penalties In Visit To Westchester
- 4 Thieves Stole Personal Data From 104,000 Taxpayers, IRS Says
- 5 Mother Of 6-Year-Old Lacey Carr Of Croton Is No Longer At Hospital