LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The community movement known as “Forward Together KLSD” is campaigning to enlist all stakeholders in the Katonah-Lewisboro School District (KLSD) in a collaboration to find fiscal solutions for the KLSD and other New York State school districts.
Speaking for “Forward Together KLSD,” Sara Weale said, “Since there is a long history of contentious relationships between KLSD stakeholders, we are concerned that they are not coming together on solutions for the sake of students, employees and taxpayers. With all three union contracts expiring on June 30, now is the time to collaborate for the future of the district.”
Weale points out that the 2013-14 KLSD budget comes in under the tax cap and does not contain major cuts, “but without collaboration between the stakeholders, next year’s budget will undoubtedly be a very difficult one for the community,” she added.
The movement has launched an online petition asking the district’s administrators and educators to take immediate action to preclude a crisis. More than 675 people have already signed it.
For more information about the movement, click here.
- 1 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Lewisboro On Wednesday
- 3 Up To One Inch Of Rain Could Fall Overnight In Lewisboro
- 4 Lewisboro Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 5 Westchester State Trooper, Her Partner Graduate From Canine Handler School