LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- The Katonah-Lewisboro School board voted down, for the second time in a month, a request to investigate the district's surplus funds and how they are managed, according to the Lewisboro Ledger.
Board member Dr. Peter Treyz has suggested the district's $14.9 million surplus is a direct result of overtaxation. Opponents to the investigation have said the surplus creates a buffer for the district, the Lewisboro Ledger reported.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Accident Reported At Intersection Of Routes 35, 124 In Lewisboro
- 3 Waccabuc Native On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends to Lovers?'
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Woman, 23, Is Charged With DWI At I-684 Stop