LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- The Katonah-Lewisboro School board voted down, for the second time in a month, a request to investigate the district's surplus funds and how they are managed, according to the Lewisboro Ledger.
Board member Dr. Peter Treyz has suggested the district's $14.9 million surplus is a direct result of overtaxation. Opponents to the investigation have said the surplus creates a buffer for the district, the Lewisboro Ledger reported.
- 1 Michael Douglas, Catherine Zeta-Jones Purchase New Bedford Home
- 2 Vacant Home In Goldens Bridge Destroyed By Fire
- 3 Lewisboro's First Snowfall Of Season Could Arrive Over Weekend
- 4 Superstorm Sandy Was Not The 'Big One,' So Lewisboro Must Prepare
- 5 Police Issue Alert For Missing Teens Who Could Be In Westchester