LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- The Katonah-Lewisboro School board voted down, for the second time in a month, a request to investigate the district's surplus funds and how they are managed, according to the Lewisboro Ledger.
Board member Dr. Peter Treyz has suggested the district's $14.9 million surplus is a direct result of overtaxation. Opponents to the investigation have said the surplus creates a buffer for the district, the Lewisboro Ledger reported.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 5 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase