LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- The Katonah-Lewisboro School board voted down, for the second time in a month, a request to investigate the district's surplus funds and how they are managed, according to the Lewisboro Ledger.
Board member Dr. Peter Treyz has suggested the district's $14.9 million surplus is a direct result of overtaxation. Opponents to the investigation have said the surplus creates a buffer for the district, the Lewisboro Ledger reported.
- 1 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 2 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 3 Katonah-Lewisboro School Board OK's Deeper Tax-Levy Cut Than Predicted
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Open Houses In Lewisboro This Weekend