LEWISBORO, N.Y. -- UPDATED 6:15 P.M. More than 1,000 Katonah-Lewisboro parents have signed and submitted a petition to the district aiming to stop the planned closure of Lewisboro Elementary School, according to LoHud.com.
Another smaller group of parents have also filed a request with the state to keep the school open
The petitioners claim that the financial report and demographic study that led to the district's decision was flawed, according to the article.
The Board of Education voted to close the school on Jan. 23. Superintendent Paul Kreutzer resigned from his position less than a week after the vote.
The petitioners reportedly maintain the school district is not under financial distress, despite the board's claims otherwise.
This article has been updated to clarify information about the subject.
- 1 Actor/Director Charged With Possession Of Child Porn, Westchester DA Says
- 2 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 3 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 4 Drenching Thunderstorms Headed To Lewisboro
- 5 Katonah-Lewisboro School Board OK's Deeper Tax-Levy Cut Than Predicted