LEWISBORO, N.Y. – Schools in the Katonah-Lewisboro School District are now open, but officials have had to modify some transportation routes due to Hurricane Sandy and the debris it left in roads making it difficult for large school buses to pass through.
Pick-up time in the morning and drop-off time in the afternoon will be affected so school officials ask that students and parents be at the alternate bus stops 10 minutes earlier than the normal pick-up and drop-off time. The times may fluctuate depending on progress made to open up roads.
Here is a list of the alternate stops:
- Lakeside Drive, Lilly Pond Lane – Alternate stop is the corner of Cherry Street
- Katonah Woods Road – Alternate stop is the corner of Jay Street
- Goldens Bridge Area
- Upper Allison Road – Alternate stop is the corner of Allison ad Garlen
- Todd Road (from Flintrock Ridge Road to Increase Miller Road) – Alternate stop is the corner of Flintrock Ridge Road or Increase Miller Road
- Manor Drive – Alternate stop is the corner of Route 138
- Green Hill Road – Alternate stop is corner of Route 22
- Chapel Road (No. 63 and higher) – Alternate stop is the corner of Route 121
- Mead Street north of Chapel Road, including Rampart Pass and Long Pond Road – Alternate stop is the corner of Mead Street and Chapel Road
- Benedict Road (Between Post Office Road and Autumn Ridge Road) Alternate stop is the corner of Post Office or Autumn Ridge Road
Cross River Area
- Holly Hill Lane – Alternate stop is the corner of Holly Hill Lane and Mount Holly Road
South Salem Area
- Gilbert Street, Bouton Street, and Howe Street – Alternate stop is the corner of Kitchawan Road and Old Church Lane or Old Church Lane and Conant Valley Road
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.