CROSS RIVER, N.Y. – The Katonah-Lewisboro School District has issued a health alert stating there has been an outbreak of head lice at John Jay High School.
“Please be vigilant about checking your family members for head lice and remind your children not to borrow hats, brushes, combs, etc. from other people,” the alert, located on the John Jay High website (http://www.klschooldistrict.org/schools/john_jay_high_school), reads.
The alert cautions that if one suspects that a family member has head lice a physician should be consulted. It also notes that signs and symptoms include:
- A tickling feeling of something moving in the hair
- Itching (caused by an allergic reaction to the bites)
- Sores on the head (caused by scratching), which can sometimes become infected
- 1 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 2 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Men Shot, Killed Before Hutchinson River Parkway Crash ID'd
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital