CROSS RIVER, N.Y. – The Katonah-Lewisboro School District has issued a health alert stating there has been an outbreak of head lice at John Jay High School.
“Please be vigilant about checking your family members for head lice and remind your children not to borrow hats, brushes, combs, etc. from other people,” the alert, located on the John Jay High website (http://www.klschooldistrict.org/schools/john_jay_high_school), reads.
The alert cautions that if one suspects that a family member has head lice a physician should be consulted. It also notes that signs and symptoms include:
- A tickling feeling of something moving in the hair
- Itching (caused by an allergic reaction to the bites)
- Sores on the head (caused by scratching), which can sometimes become infected
- 1 Multi-Vehicle Rollover Reported On I-684
- 2 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 3 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 4 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 5 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed