WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- A Kirby Pond waterfront home in Rye and a lake cottage in South Salem are up for 2014 HGTV "Doory Awards" -- and you could win $10,000 just by voting for them.
A Colonial house right on the water's edge of Kirby Pond in Rye is one of 10 properties up for a Doory Award in the "Waterfront Homes" category. It is up against homes in Costa Rica, Hawaii, California and more.
A cottage on the shores of Lake Oscaleta in South Salem also nominated for Doory Awards in the "Tiny Homes" category. The rustic home, which features a dock and what HGTV calls "true outdoor living," is up against homes in Brooklyn, Westhampton, Carmel, Los Angeles, and Minnesota, among others.
Other homes in the area nominated for Doory Awards include a Darien mansion in the "Waterfront Homes" category and a pair of Greenwich homes nominated in the "Gourmet Kitchen" category.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 2 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Lewisboro
- 3 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer
- 4 Thousands Of Tickets Issued In State Distracted-Driving Detail
- 5 Bronx River Parkway Remains Closed In Both Directions Due To Flooding