WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo still holds a commanding 35-point lead over Westchester County Executive and Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino, according to a Wall Street Journal/NBC 4 New York/Marist Poll.
The recent poll of registered voters had Cuomo at 59 percent, Astorino at 24 percent and third-party candidate Howie Hawkins at 6 percent. The total for Astorino remains virtually identical to what it was back in March, the Wall Street Journal said.
The poll also suggested that Cuomo is beating Astorino among registered voters who feel the state needs to undergo major changes, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Astorino's biggest struggle thus far could simply be recognition. According to the poll, 54 percent of state voters still do not recognize the county executive, according to The Wall Street Journal.
- 1 Bedford Hills Nurse Earned More Than $630K In Overtime
- 2 Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Westchester Border
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Lewisboro
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway