WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Gov. Andrew Cuomo still holds a commanding 35-point lead over Westchester County Executive and Republican gubernatorial candidate Rob Astorino, according to a Wall Street Journal/NBC 4 New York/Marist Poll.
The recent poll of registered voters had Cuomo at 59 percent, Astorino at 24 percent and third-party candidate Howie Hawkins at 6 percent. The total for Astorino remains virtually identical to what it was back in March, the Wall Street Journal said.
The poll also suggested that Cuomo is beating Astorino among registered voters who feel the state needs to undergo major changes, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Astorino's biggest struggle thus far could simply be recognition. According to the poll, 54 percent of state voters still do not recognize the county executive, according to The Wall Street Journal.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Accident Reported At Intersection Of Routes 35, 124 In Lewisboro
- 3 Waccabuc Native On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends to Lovers?'
- 4 Arrest Of 'Bicycle Bandit' Ends Rash Of 15 Robberies In Westchester
- 5 Woman, 23, Is Charged With DWI At I-684 Stop