LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The three fire districts in Lewisboro will have their annual fire commissioner election from 6-9 p.m. Tuesday at their respective fire stations.
Five people serve on the Board of Fire Commissioners and each serves five years, so one seat is vacated every year. The term of the commissioner elected Tuesday will be from Jan. 1, 2013 to Dec. 31, 2017.
The Board of Fire Commissioners creates the budget for their fire districts each year, which includes money raised through taxes.
Steven Mines will seek re-election to another term as fire commissioner and is running unopposed. The Goldens Bridge fire district is made up of parts of Lewisboro and parts of North Salem. The firehouse is at 254 Waccabuc Road (Route 138) in Goldens Bridge.
Peter Raho will seek re-election to another term as fire commissioner and is running unopposed. The Vista Fire District is south of Route 35 along Route 123 and is bordered by Connecticut. It also includes the Lake Kitchawan area of South Salem. The firehouse is at 377 Smithridge Road in South Salem.
Michael Lombardi is running unopposed to fill the seat of John Gurtler who has decided not to seek re-election. The South Salem Fire District includes most of South Salem, Cross River and Waccabuc. The firehouse is at 1190 Route 35, South Salem.
- 1 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 2 Lewisboro Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 3 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Lewisboro
- 4 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 5 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways