LEWISBORO, N.Y. - The Nov. 6 election is just around the corner and The Lewisboro Daily Voice wants to provide voters with everything they need to exercise their voting privileges.
Here’s an overview of what races you’ll find on your ballot, wear to register to vote and where to cast your ballot in your town:
On the Ballot
- President Barak Obama (D) seeks re-election against Republican challenger Mitt Romney, the former governor of Massachusetts.
- Rep. Nan Hayworth (R) seeks re-election as the representative from New York’s 19th Congressional District against Democratic challenger Sean Patrick Maloney. The district includes parts of Orange, Putnam, Rockland, Dutchess and Westchester counties, including Lewisboro and Pound Ridge.
- Incumbent state Assemblyman Robert Castelli (R, C – Goldens Bridge) seeks re-election against Democratic challenger David Buckwald in the 93rd state Assembly District, which includes Lewisboro, Pound Ridge, North Salem, Bedford, Mt. Kisco, Harrison and parts of White Plains.
- Incumbent state Sen. Greg Ball (R, C – Patterson) seeks re-election against Democratic challenger Justin Wagner in District 40, which includes Pound Ridge and Lewisboro, as well as Somers, Yorktown, Peekskill, Putnam County and parts of Dutchess County.
- In the only local Lewisboro race, incumbent Town Clerk Janet Donohue (R, C) will take on Democratic challenger Jeffrey Morris. Donohue was appointed to the post in March in the wake of Kathy Cory’s resignation. The winner will fill out the remaining three years of Cory’s term.
Registration and Absentee Ballot Information
The last day to postmark a mail-in voter registration form to be eligible to vote in November is Oct. 12.
There will be local voter registration days at the Cyrus Russell Community House, 779 Route 35, Cross River from 5-9 p.m. Wednesday noon-9 p.m. Oct. 13.
The last day to postmark an application for absentee ballot is Oct. 30.
Where to Vote
Polling places for Lewisboro are:
- Districts 1 and 8 – John Jay High School
- Districts 2, 5, 9 and 12 – South Salem Firehouse
- Districts 3, 6, 10 – Meadow Pond Elementary School
- Districts 4, 7 and 11 – Increase Miller Elementary School
Polls are open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
For more information, go to www.elections.ny.gov/