WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Gearing up for a potential all-Westchester New York gubernatorial race between incumbent Andrew Cuomo of New Castle and Rob Astorino of Mount Pleasant?
Not so fast, according to Gov. Cuomo.
Astorino may be campaigning to run against Cuomo in November, but the governor said the Westchester county executive may not even secure the GOP nomination, according to the New York Daily News.
Cuomo recalled during a public radio interview the constant shuffling of GOP nominees four years ago when the GOP first backed Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy, then Rep. Rick Lazio, only to have Carl Paladino secure the nomination, the Daily News reported.
- 1 Red Flag Warning Issued For Westchester
- 2 Heavy Rain, Possible Thunderstorms Will Be Moving Into Lewisboro
- 3 Body Found In Lake Ontario Identified As Son Of ESPN Writer
- 4 Thousands Of Tickets Issued In State Distracted-Driving Detail
- 5 Bronx River Parkway Remains Closed In Both Directions Due To Flooding