WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- Westchester County Executive and gubernatorial GOP candidate Rob Astorino issued a pointed response on Tuesday to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's comment that Astorino's campaign was a lost cause, according to politico.com.
Astorino said that if Christie isn't interested in helping to get Republican candidates elected, then he should step down as chairman of the Republican Governors Association. Astorino went on to suggest that perhaps New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Christie were working together to protect themselves against fallout from the George Washington Bridge scandal, politico.com reported.
Christie made the controversial remarks while campaigning for Connecticut gubernatorial hopeful Tom Foley, politico.com said.
- 1 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 2 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Stepson Of Schools Superintendent
- 3 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase
- 4 Fire Destroys Multi-Million Dollar Pound Ridge Home
- 5 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money