VISTA, N.Y. – The Vista Fire Department went to the aid of Lewisboro residents on a daily basis last week.
On Monday morning, volunteers answered a call for an ambulance at a Maplewood Drive residence. Upon their arrival, the person refused medical aid and/or transportation to the hospital.
Later the same day, volunteers responded to a report of smoke at an East Street residence. They checked the building with their meter and found nothing awry.
On Tuesday, they also had two ambulance requests, one to take a resident to Norwalk Hospital and the other to go to Northern Westchester Hospital.
Wednesday required another ambulance trip to Northern Westchester Hospital and a response to an East Street address, where the person refused assistance.
The New Canaan Fire Department called for mutual aid standby assistance Thursday when all of its equipment was out at a structure fire.
Lewisboro Police called for an ambulance after a vehicle rolled over on Smith Ridge Road on Friday. The Vista Fire Department volunteers transported the car's driver to Northern Westchester Hospital.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Charge Two In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash