VISTA, N.Y. – The Vista Fire Department made the following calls last week:
- On Wednesday morning the department responded to an automatic fire alarm activated at a Conant Valley address. Firefighters determined that the alarm was set off by steam from the shower.
- An ambulance was requested at a business address in the Oakridge Commons on Wednesday afternoon, but when the department responded, the victim chose not to be transported to the hospital.
- A report of a fire alarm on Old Post Road was received on Friday, but was canceled before the department had a chance to respond.
- The New Canaan Fire Department asked Vista to provide its tanker on a stand-by basis on Saturday, while all New Canaan equipment was out on call.
- Report of a brush fire behind a residence on Laurel Road brought the Vista Fire Department to the address on Saturday evening, but the owner had already managed to dowse the flames. Firefighters overhauled the area as a precaution, but found the fire to be completely extinguished.
- On Sunday afternoon a Tribrook Drive resident requested an ambulance. The patient was transported to Norwalk Hospital by Vista volunteers, with the Westchester paramedic in attendance.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.