VISTA, N.Y. – The Vista Fire Department responded to four calls last week, including a smoke investigation and a Dumpster fire. The fire log for the week of Oct. 8-14 follows:
Tuesday, Oct. 9
At 12:12 a.m., the department received a request for the ambulance at a residence on East Street. No hospital transport was needed. The scene was turned over to the New York State Police.
Saturday, Oct. 13
At 8:43 a.m., the department received a report of smoke inside a home on Fox Run Road. It was determined to be a problem with the heating unit and it was turned off until the heating company could come out and make repairs.
At 11:34 p.m., the department received a report of a Dumpster fire on Lakeside Drive. The company arrived and found the fire was extinguished by a resident with a garden hose. Firefighters sprayed down the interior of the Dumpster to make sure it would not start up again.
At 4:34 p.m., the department received a report of an automatic fire alarm activation at a residence on West Lane. It was determined that steam from the shower set off the alarm.
- 1 Driver Crashes Into Gate At Chappaqua Railroad Crossing
- 2 TV Show Interview With Daughters Of SUV Driver In Fatal Crash Postponed
- 3 Chance Of Snow Returns To Lewisboro Tuesday
- 4 Daughters Defend Mother Who Drove SUV In Fatal Train Crash On 'Today' Show
- 5 Westchester Residents Warned About New Massive IRS Phone Scam