VISTA, N.Y. – The Vista Fire Department responded to five calls last week, including a small brush fire and burning utility wires.
The fire log for the week of Dec. 3-9 follows:
Monday, Dec. 3
The department received a call at 6:49 a.m. for a brush fire in the area of Shore Trail and Brookside Trail. Firefighters arrived to find that fireplace ashes were dumped in the brush, causing a small fire. It was quickly extinguished.
Tuesday, Dec. 4
An ambulance request was received at 12:47 a.m. from a residence on Bickford Lane. The patient was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital with the Westchester paramedic on board.
Saturday, Dec. 8
At 7:39 a.m., the department received a report of wires down and burning on Conant Valley Road. The department notified NYSEG and waited until they arrived and could turn the scene over to them.
At 12:55 p.m., the department received a request for the ambulance at a residence on Soundview Loop. The patient did not want to be transported to a hospital.
The department received an ambulance request at a residence on Conant Valley Road at 6:41 p.m. The patient was transported to Norwalk Hospital with the Westchester paramedic on board.
- 1 South Salem Driver Strikes, Injures Two Runners In Danbury Intersection
- 2 Winter Storm Watch Issued For Lewisboro On Wednesday
- 3 Lewisboro Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 5 Katonah-Lewisboro School District Will Be Closed Wednesday