VISTA, N.Y. – The Vista Fire Department responded to five calls last week, including a small brush fire and burning utility wires.
The fire log for the week of Dec. 3-9 follows:
Monday, Dec. 3
The department received a call at 6:49 a.m. for a brush fire in the area of Shore Trail and Brookside Trail. Firefighters arrived to find that fireplace ashes were dumped in the brush, causing a small fire. It was quickly extinguished.
Tuesday, Dec. 4
An ambulance request was received at 12:47 a.m. from a residence on Bickford Lane. The patient was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital with the Westchester paramedic on board.
Saturday, Dec. 8
At 7:39 a.m., the department received a report of wires down and burning on Conant Valley Road. The department notified NYSEG and waited until they arrived and could turn the scene over to them.
At 12:55 p.m., the department received a request for the ambulance at a residence on Soundview Loop. The patient did not want to be transported to a hospital.
The department received an ambulance request at a residence on Conant Valley Road at 6:41 p.m. The patient was transported to Norwalk Hospital with the Westchester paramedic on board.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Charge Pair In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Drowning Victim, 22, ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 5 Man In Custody After Assaulting Trooper, Leading To Two-State Chase