VISTA, N.Y. – The Vista Fire Department responded to 10 calls last week, including several automatic alarm activations, some ambulance requests and an auto accident.
The fire log for the week of Feb. 4-10 follows:
Tuesday, Feb 5
The department received a received a report of an outside smoke investigation on Elmwood Road at 11:06 a.m. Responders checked the entire road but nothing was found.
Thursday, Feb. 7
At 9:15 a.m., the department received a report of a carbon-monoxide detector activation at a residence on Audubon Road. It was determined to be a low battery alarm. The residence was checked and no readings found.
At 8:15 p.m., the department received a report of an automatic fire alarm activation at a residence on Smithridge Road. First responders arrived and the home owner told them the smoke was from the fireplace and the problem had been corrected. Firefighters checked to make sure there were no other problems and made sure the alarm was reset.
Friday, Feb. 8
The department received a request for the ambulance at 10:30 a.m. at the firehouse. The patient was transported to Norwalk Hospital with the Westchester paramedic on board.
At noon, the department responded to call for a motor vehicle accident on Smithridge Road at the intersection of Colonel Ferris Road. The department arrived and found a total of four vehicles were involved but there no serious injuries and no one wanted to be transported to a hospital.
At 8:50 p.m., the department received a request for the ambulance at the firehouse. The patient was transported to Norwalk Hospital.
Saturday, Feb. 9
The department received a request for the ambulance at a residence on Kitchawan Road at 3:05 p.m. The patient was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital with the Westchester paramedic on board.
At 6 p.m., the department received a mutual aid request from the South Salem Fire Department for a possible structure fire at a residence on Gideon Reynolds Road. The request was canceled while the department was responding.
At 11:02 p.m., the department received a report of a possible fire at a residence on West Lane. The department requested South Salem Fire Department as mutual aid. First responders arrived on location but did not find any problems and canceled the mutual aid request from South Salem
Sunday, Feb. 10
The department received a report of primary wires burning on a pole on Smithridge Road at 8:54 p.m. Responders remained on scene until NYSEG arrived and took over.
- 1 Curtis Instruments, Saw Mill Club Co-Founder Curt Beusman Dies
- 2 Dozens Sickened In Nine States After Salmonella Outbreak
- 3 Metro-North Trains Returns To Schedule As Grand Central Reopens
- 4 Deer Defense Group Sues Westchester County To Halt Hunting Plans
- 5 Lewisboro Officials Consider Amnesty For Owners Of Illegal Apartments