VISTA, N.Y. – A garage fire at a home on Tommy’s Lane was quickly extinguished by firefighters on Saturday, but Lewisboro police say that the cause of the blaze will be investigated.
The Vista Fire Department received a report of a structure fire at the residence at 3:11 p.m. The South Salem Fire Department was an automatic mutual aid request. Firefighters arrived to find smoke and fire in the home’s garage, and requested additional mutual aid companies: Pound Ridge and Ridgefield for tankers, an engine from Wilton, and a ladder truck from New Canaan. The fire was under control quickly and all mutual aid, except South Salem, was canceled.
The homeowner told police that an electrical outlet had been sparking recently near where much of the damage had occurred. There was also the possibly that someone smoking in the garage could have caused the fire.
The following items were also on the Vista Fire Department fire log for the week of Aug. 6-12:
Monday, Aug. 6
At 8:08 a.m., the department received an automatic mutual aid request from the South Salem Fire Department for an engine and tanker to respond to a possible structure fire on Willow Court. Both units were canceled while responding.
The department received a report of an automatic fire alarm activation at a residence on Conant Valley Road at 1:32 p.m. First responders arrived and found that the alarm activated in error due to smoke from cooking. The homeowner was advised to open the windows to clear the house out.
The department received a request for the ambulance for a bicycle/motor vehicle accident in front of the firehouse on Route 123 at 5:26 p.m. The bicyclist was transported to Norwalk Hospital with the Westchester paramedic on board. The driver of the vehicle was uninjured.
Thursday, Aug. 9
At 12:35 p.m., the department received a report of a cat stuck in a drain pipe in the Oakridge Condominium complex. Firefighters were unable to see the cat or get it out of the pipe.
At 1:44 p.m., the department responded to an automatic fire alarm activation at a residence on Old Church Lane. Firefighters arrived on location and determined that the alarm was set off by dust from sanding. No other problems were reported.