WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- State troopers say they found 300 packets of heroin after a traffic stop on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Mount Pleasant.
New York State Troopers from Hawthorne reported pulling over a 2013 Nissan Altima observed going 78 mph in a 55 mph zone on the Sprain Brook Parkway in Mount Pleasant on Monday, May 12, according to a police report. The driver, 27-year-old Robert Maldonado of the Bronx, was found to have a revoked driver’s license, according to the report.
"Subsequent to investigation, Troopers located 300 packets of heroin inside the glove box of the vehicle," police said in the report.
Maldonado and passengers 21-year-old Yamelly Flores, and 21-year-old Kariana Vicente, of New York City, were taken into custody and transported to the State Police barracks in Hawthorne.
All three were charged with two counts of criminal possession of a controlled substance, a felony. Additionally, Maldonado was charged with violation of probation stemming from an earlier narcotics related conviction, according to the report.
The three defendants were arraigned in the Town of Mount of Pleasant Court and were remanded to the Westchester County Jail with no bail, according to the report.
- 1 Westchester Legislator Who Represents Lewisboro To Resign
- 2 Benjamin John 'BJ' Ramos, 34, Of South Salem, Certified Paramedic
- 3 Voters OK Katonah-Lewisboro Budget & Back Incumbents, Unofficial Data Show
- 4 Tarrytown's Happy Rockefeller, Wife Of Late Nelson Rockefeller, Dies
- 5 Westchester Communities Rank High Among Nation's Best Suburbs