WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Connecticut man with driving while ability impaired by drugs on Interstate 684 on Friday, Aug. 1, officials said.
George A. Velivasakis, 29, was allegedly driving on the shoulder of I-684 while trying to avoid an accident that was being investigated on Friday. Subsequent investigation, including an evaluation by a drug recognition expert, revealed Velivasakis to be operating the vehicle while impaired by prescription medications, according to state police.
Velivasakis is scheduled to appear in Town of North Salem Court on Monday, Aug. 11, troopers said.
- 1 Lewisboro Will See Widespread Snow Sunday Into Monday
- 2 March Comes In Like A Lion As Latest Snowstorm Hits Lewisboro
- 3 Former NBA All-Star, New York Knicks Player Anthony Mason Dies At 48
- 4 NYPD Detective Killed, Driver Injured In Wrong-Way Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 Numerous Accidents Reported On Slippery Westchester Roadways