WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Somers barracks charged a Connecticut man with driving while ability impaired by drugs on Interstate 684 on Friday, Aug. 1, officials said.
George A. Velivasakis, 29, was allegedly driving on the shoulder of I-684 while trying to avoid an accident that was being investigated on Friday. Subsequent investigation, including an evaluation by a drug recognition expert, revealed Velivasakis to be operating the vehicle while impaired by prescription medications, according to state police.
Velivasakis is scheduled to appear in Town of North Salem Court on Monday, Aug. 11, troopers said.
- 1 Bedford Hills Nurse Earned More Than $630K In Overtime
- 2 Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Westchester Border
- 3 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Lewisboro
- 4 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester
- 5 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway