POUND RIDGE, N.Y. – A Level 3 sex offender who moved to Pound Ridge in the last few days was accused of talking with teenage girls on Facebook, which is in violation of his probation, Pound Ridge Police Chief David Ryan said.
Edward Campbell, 22, formerly of Mahopac, was arrested in his apartment Thursday. Ryan said he had electronic devices and other items prohibited under the terms and conditions of his release and probation, in addition to the sex offender conditions placed on him.
Ryan said an investigation revealed Campbell used Facebook and other social networking sites to communicate with teenage girls.
In 2012, he was convicted of having sex with a 13-year-old girl, a second-degree felony. He was sentenced to 10 years of probation.
Pound Ridge police turned Campbell over to Putnam County probation officers Thursday. He will be sent to Putnam County Correction Facility pending further hearings.
Pound Ridge Police are working in conjunction with Putnam authorities on this investigation.
If you believe Campbell contacted your child on Facebook or another social networking site, call Ryan at the Pound Ridge Police Department.
Ryan also reminds all parents to routinely monitor their children’s social networking sites.
- 1 Future Of Lewisboro Elementary A Major Topic For Officials
- 2 Three Tellers Charged In Identity Theft Bust Involving Westchester Banks
- 3 Police Locate Threats Against Westchester, LI Schools Made On Yik Yak App
- 4 Westchester Attorney Charged With Stealing Over $1M From Escrow Accounts
- 5 15-Year-Old Boy Charged With Making Threat Against School In Yorktown