NEW CANAAN, Conn. -- A female pedestrian suffered severe injuries after she was hit by a car Thursday evening while crossing Park Street near the New Canaan Train Station, the New Canaan Advertiser reported.
The 45-year-old woman, from New Canaan, was hit at about 7:30 p.m. and taken to Norwalk Hospital suffering from a broken leg and trauma, the Advertiser said.
Police had originally identified the victim's hometown as South Salem, N.Y., but corrected that Friday morning to New Canaan, the Advertiser said.
New Canaan Police Chief Leon Krolikowski told the Advertiser that the woman was not in the crosswalk, and the car had a green light.
The roads were closed the Elm and Park intersection late Thursday, and the driver was cooperating with police, the Advertiser said.
Read the full story here at the New Canaan Advertiser website.
- 1 Former White Plains Officer Left Suicide Note At Harrison Murder Scene
- 2 Firefighters Battle Blaze At Goldens Bridge Residence
- 3 State Police Warn Lewisboro Residents Of Phone Scam
- 4 Mount Kisco Woman Pleads Guilty To Stealing $1.4M From Bank Customers
- 5 Two Charged In Underage Drinking Detail That Includes Lewisboro