CORTLANDT, N.Y. — The New York State Police issued the following statement to Westchester County drivers in preparation for Friday's impending snowstorm:
"New York State Police in Troop K are advising motorists in the Hudson Valley region to refrain from all unnecessary travel on Friday, Feb. 8. Historically, snowstorms of this predicted magnitude have resulted in road closures and motorists becoming stranded on the highways.
"It is anticipated that travel conditions will deteriorate rapidly beginning in the late morning and continuing into the evening hours. Sporadic closures of sections of I-84, the Taconic State Parkway and I-684 throughout the day are anticipated.
"All vehicular traffic, particularly commercial motor vehicles, are advised to avoid these roadways. All vehicles abandoned on the roadway will be subject to immediate impoundment."
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Lewisboro Skies Sunday
- 2 High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying In Ridgefield
- 3 Astorino, Jindal Team Up To Call For Ebola Airport Restrictions
- 4 Lewisboro Will See Temperature Plunge On Sunday
- 5 Lewisboro Will See Big Drop In Temperature This Weekend