LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The three fire districts in Lewisboro held elections Tuesday for their Boards of Fire Commissioners, and three unopposed candidates were elected.
In each district, five people serve on the Board of Fire Commissioners and each serves five years, so one seat is up for election every year. The term of the commissioners elected Tuesday will be from Jan. 1, 2013, to Dec. 31, 2017.
The commissioners create the budgets for their fire districts each year, which includes money raised through property taxes.
In the South Salem Fire District, Michael Lombardi was elected to fill the seat of incumbent John Gurtler, who did not to seek re-election.
- 1 Lewisboro Could See Significant Snowfall, Ice From Coastal Storm
- 2 Shuttered Lewisboro Elementary's PTA Donates To Local Groups
- 3 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Lewisboro
- 4 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Lewisboro, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 5 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow