LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The three fire districts in Lewisboro held elections Tuesday for their Boards of Fire Commissioners, and three unopposed candidates were elected.
In each district, five people serve on the Board of Fire Commissioners and each serves five years, so one seat is up for election every year. The term of the commissioners elected Tuesday will be from Jan. 1, 2013, to Dec. 31, 2017.
The commissioners create the budgets for their fire districts each year, which includes money raised through property taxes.
In the South Salem Fire District, Michael Lombardi was elected to fill the seat of incumbent John Gurtler, who did not to seek re-election.
- 1 Man Clocked At 107 On I-684 Charged With Drug Possession, DWI, Police Say
- 2 Man Charged In Lewisboro With DWI After Rear Ending Two Cars, Police Say
- 3 Somers Pepsi Site Sells For Nearly $87M; Carlos Slim Said To Be Owner
- 4 Brody Family Sues Metro-North After Mother's Fatal Collision With Train
- 5 Route 22 Closed After Accident