LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The three fire districts in Lewisboro held elections Tuesday for their Boards of Fire Commissioners, and three unopposed candidates were elected.
In each district, five people serve on the Board of Fire Commissioners and each serves five years, so one seat is up for election every year. The term of the commissioners elected Tuesday will be from Jan. 1, 2013, to Dec. 31, 2017.
The commissioners create the budgets for their fire districts each year, which includes money raised through property taxes.
In the South Salem Fire District, Michael Lombardi was elected to fill the seat of incumbent John Gurtler, who did not to seek re-election.
- 1 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show
- 2 Multi-Vehicle Rollover Reported On I-684
- 3 Police Warn Residents To Be On Lookout For Bear In Yorktown
- 4 Slick Westchester Roadways Result In Numerous Accidents
- 5 Westchester Private Schools Rank Among 'Smartest' In Nation