LEWISBORO, N.Y. – The three fire districts in Lewisboro held elections Tuesday for their Boards of Fire Commissioners, and three unopposed candidates were elected.
In each district, five people serve on the Board of Fire Commissioners and each serves five years, so one seat is up for election every year. The term of the commissioners elected Tuesday will be from Jan. 1, 2013, to Dec. 31, 2017.
The commissioners create the budgets for their fire districts each year, which includes money raised through property taxes.
In the South Salem Fire District, Michael Lombardi was elected to fill the seat of incumbent John Gurtler, who did not to seek re-election.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed