Contact Us
Lewisboro Daily Voice serves Lewisboro, NY
Return to your home site


Lewisboro Daily Voice serves Lewisboro, NY
police & fire

Lewisboro Cops: Threatening Call Was A Prank

Lewisboro police investigated a threatening phone call made to DeCicco's market, which turned out to be a prank.
Lewisboro police investigated a threatening phone call made to DeCicco's market, which turned out to be a prank. Photo Credit: Bob Dumas

LEWISBORO, N.Y. – A prank phone call made to DeCicco Family Market in Cross River frightened a store employee and prompted a police response on Sunday.

Lewisboro police were initially called to the market for a harassment complaint. The supervisor on duty told officers she had received a call at around 3 p.m. telling her, “I’m going to burn your store down.”

It was later determined that the call was a prank between two sisters, one of whom works at the store. One sister admitted she made the call, thinking she was speaking with her sibling. The supervisor told police that she and the employee do sound alike on the telephone.

Officers counseled the prankster on the dangers of perpetrating such pranks during these times. The woman promised she would not engage in such behavior in the future and no charges were filed.

The following items were also reported by the Lewisboro police:

  • On Dec. 31, police impounded a 2004 Mazda found on Elmwood Road. Police said the car was in the roadway and apparently abandoned there in the wake of the snowstorm two days earlier.
  • On  Jan. 1, police were called to Mead Street in South Salem for a two-car accident. One vehicle had been stopped at the intersection of Mead and Old Post Road. The second vehicle was traveling south on Mead and when it approached the intersection the brakes failed and it struck the other car. Both vehicles sustained minor damage. The second vehicle, whose brakes failed, needed to be towed from the scene. Both drivers refused an accident report and said they would settle the damage between themselves.
  • Police were called to the Cross River Shell Station on Jan. 2, on the report of a man who had fallen. The Lewisboro Volunteer Ambulance Corps was on the scene when police arrived. The victim said he was getting out of the vehicle when he slipped on the ice. He was able to catch himself from falling completely, but in doing so tore a muscle in his leg. He was transported to Northern Westchester Hospital for further treatment.
  • On Jan. 2, Lewisboro police helped track down a motorist suspected of being involved in a hit-and-run accident in Mount Kisco. Officers were dispatched to a residence on Lambert Ridge to look for an Acura suspected of the hit and run. The vehicle was not at the location, but police took up a post nearby and continued surveillance. Forty minutes later, the vehicle in question arrived at the residence and police stopped the motorist at the top of the driveway. Officers noted that the car had front-end damage. The Mount Kisco Police Department was notified and came to the scene and took over the case.
  • On Jan. 3, police were dispatched to Four Winds Hospital on the report of a runaway female teen. While en route to the hospital, police received a report of a female knocking on doors on South Wind Drive. Lewisboro police responded along with state police and located the missing teen who was attempting to get into a taxi. She was returned to the hospital.

to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.

Welcome to

Lewisboro Daily Voice!

Hi! You've read our articles so we know you like our reporting. To keep reading please join our mailing list.

Get important news about your town as it happens.