NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- The Westchester Medical Examiner's Office has identified the name of the man found in a burning car Sunday afternoon at the Purdys train station.
David Mahoney, a 41-year-old resident of Somers, was identified as the man who committed suicide at the train station.
Mahoney died of burns suffered in the fire, according to Metropolitan Transit Authority police.
MTA Police said they received the report of the car fire at 4:15 p.m. on Sunday.
When they arrived at the scene along with New York State Police, they found a late model Chevy Tahoe burning and Mahoney unresponsive inside the car. The fire was extinguished by the Croton Falls Fire Department.
The MTA Police Detectives are continuing the investigation in to the circumstances surrounding this incident, MTA spokesman Salvatore Arena said.
- 1 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 2 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M
- 3 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Presentations Scheduled On Scotts Corners Overhaul