YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A helicopter crashed Friday evening in a field outside a private home in Yorktown.
According to Yorktown police, the chopper, which was carrying two passengers, crash-landed at 716 Kitchawan Road shortly after 6 p.m. 716 Kitchawan Road is the address of Kitchawan Farm.
None of the passengers on board was injured, and no one on the ground was hurt, police said.
Authorities said it was not known where the helicopter originated from or whether it was heading to the nearby helipad at IBM's T.J. Watson Research Center on Route 134 in Yorktown.
Police said investigators from the Federal Aviation Administration were en route to the site Friday evening.
Stay with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 Former Exec From PepsiCo In Purchase Resigns From Toyota After Drug Bust
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash
- 5 July 4 Terror Warning Security Measures In Westchester Detailed