YORKTOWN, N.Y. – A helicopter crashed Friday evening in a field outside a private home in Yorktown.
According to Yorktown police, the chopper, which was carrying two passengers, crash-landed at 716 Kitchawan Road shortly after 6 p.m. 716 Kitchawan Road is the address of Kitchawan Farm.
None of the passengers on board was injured, and no one on the ground was hurt, police said.
Authorities said it was not known where the helicopter originated from or whether it was heading to the nearby helipad at IBM's T.J. Watson Research Center on Route 134 in Yorktown.
Police said investigators from the Federal Aviation Administration were en route to the site Friday evening.
Stay with The Daily Voice for updates.
- 1 Woman, 35, Seriously Injured In Crash On I-84 Near Westchester Border
- 2 Woman, 19, Hospitalized After Jump Onto Sprain Brook Parkway
- 3 NYC Doctor Is First Person In Area To Test Positive For Ebola
- 4 Cardinal Attends Funeral Of Monsignor Related To Ex-Lewisboro Supervisor
- 5 Nor'easter To Impact Lewisboro On Wednesday