NORTH SALEM, N.Y. -- A shed in a North Salem neighborhood was gutted by a Wednesday blaze. A homeowner, speaking with the press, believes that a lightning strike was the cause.
What remained of the shed, part of a property at 36 Sugar Hill Road, included a charred frame.
Croton Falls Fire Chief Jason Blauvelt spoke with reporters about the response and recalled what happened. According to Blauvelt, dispatch was at about 6:41 p.m. and the response was to the place for a report of a fully involved structure fire, which came from a homeowner.
Mutual aid for the fire, according to Blauvelt, came from Goldens Bridge, Bedford Hills, Somers, Brewster and South Salem, as well as the North Salem Volunteer Ambulance Corps.
There were on injuries, according to Blauvelt, and it did not take long to put out the fire.
Homeowner Michael Hanson, whose house is across the street from the shed and believes that a lightning strike was the cause, recalled what happened when he spoke with reporters. Hanson said that there was a line of thundershowers and that his wife was in the house and heard a “big bang.”
Hanson then recalled seeing smoke, and also discussed removing two gasoline cans from the shed, which came before it got too hot.
- 1 Shuttered Lewisboro Elementary's PTA Donates To Local Groups
- 2 Winter Weather Advisory In Effect For Lewisboro
- 3 Major Nor'easter Heads Toward Lewisboro, Blizzard Watch Issued
- 4 Bigger Storm Could Be Coming Soon After Westchester Sees 6-8 Inches Of Snow
- 5 18-24 Inches Of Snow Now Possible In Lewisboro; Blizzard Warning Issued