WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- New York State Police from the Somers barracks arrested a Danbury, Conn., man who was speeding along I-684 at approximately 90 miles per hour before crashing into a trooper's car just north of the Westchester County border on Wednesday at 11:05 p.m., according to police.
Angel Garcia, 36, was charged with driving while intoxicated, third-degree unlawful fleeing a police officer and reckless driving, according to police.
The chase began in Bedford and ended in the Town of Southeast when he struck the police vehicle. Garcia attempted to continue on I-684, but was unable to because of extensive damage to his vehicle, police said. Injuries reported from the accident where described as minor, according to police.
Police began the pursuit on I-684 when the vehicle Garcia was operating was observed traveling in excess of 90 miles per hour. Garcia failed to stop for police after lights and sirens were activated, police said.
Garcia provided a positive breath sample that yielded a Blood Alcohol Content of .10 percent and was arraigned before the Town of Bedford Court. Garcia was remanded to Westchester County Jail.
- 1 John Jay Student Disciplined After Bomb Threat, Superintendent Says
- 2 Westchester's Highest Snowfall Totals Are Expected North Of I-287
- 3 Lewisboro Could See 4-8 Inches Of Snow Wednesday
- 4 Katonah-Lewisboro School District Will Be Closed Wednesday
- 5 Somers Massage Business Employees Charged With Prostitution