WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 Snow Could Be Returning To Lewisboro
- 2 Waccabuc District Nominated As Historic Place
- 3 Multi-Vehicle Accident Reported Near Route 138 In Goldens Bridge
- 4 Katonah Girl Named All-America, Places Second In Nation In 3,000-Meter Run
- 5 Daughters Of Edgemont Driver Of SUV In Fatal Crash Will Be On 'Today' Show