WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- Ralph Waite, a White Plains native and actor best known for his work in the classic family drama, "The Waltons," died on Thursday at age 85, according to an obituary in The New York Times.
Waite portrayed John Walton, the patriarch of a family living in rural Virginia during the Great Depression and World War II. The show ran on CBS from 1972-1981.
Waite reportedly had been in good health and his death took his family and friends by surprise.
- 1 Hillary Clinton Gets Health OK From Mount Kisco Medical Group Physician
- 2 Billionaire Mount Kisco Businessman, Philanthropist Jerome Kohlberg Dies
- 3 Katonah-Lewisboro School Board OK's Deeper Tax-Levy Cut Than Predicted
- 4 Two Medical Marijuana Licenses Granted In Westchester
- 5 Open Houses In Lewisboro This Weekend