DOVER PLAINS, N.Y. - John Bretti, a 28-year resident of Dover Plains, formerly of South Salem, died Friday, Aug. 23. He was 82.
Bretti was born Sept. 18, 1930, in Calabria, Italy, son of Salvatore and Carmella Bretti. He served in the United States Marine Corps during the Korean Conflict. He was a longtime member of the National Rifle Association. He was a home builder who owned and operated J. Bretti & Sons Builders in South Salem, for many years.
Bretti is survived by sons, John Bretti of Somers, Joseph Bretti of Westminster, Colo., James Bretti of Dover Plains and Mark Bretti of Bethel; and 10 grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 30 at the Hufcut Funeral Home, 3159 Route 22, Dover Plains. Funeral services will follow at 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
For more information, please visit: www.hufcutfuneralhome.com
- 1 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 2 Three Charged After Six-Month Long Heroin Probe In Lewisboro
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Police Shoot, Kill Fugitive Richard Matt; Fellow Escapee David Sweat On Run
- 5 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital