DOVER PLAINS, N.Y. - John Bretti, a 28-year resident of Dover Plains, formerly of South Salem, died Friday, Aug. 23. He was 82.
Bretti was born Sept. 18, 1930, in Calabria, Italy, son of Salvatore and Carmella Bretti. He served in the United States Marine Corps during the Korean Conflict. He was a longtime member of the National Rifle Association. He was a home builder who owned and operated J. Bretti & Sons Builders in South Salem, for many years.
Bretti is survived by sons, John Bretti of Somers, Joseph Bretti of Westminster, Colo., James Bretti of Dover Plains and Mark Bretti of Bethel; and 10 grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 30 at the Hufcut Funeral Home, 3159 Route 22, Dover Plains. Funeral services will follow at 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
For more information, please visit: www.hufcutfuneralhome.com
- 1 Once In A Million Space Event Will Be Over Lewisboro Skies Sunday
- 2 High School Officials Investigate Reports Of Hazing, Bullying In Ridgefield
- 3 Bedford Hills Nurse Earned More Than $630K In Overtime
- 4 Freeze Warning Is In Effect For Lewisboro
- 5 Alert Issued For Missing Woman, 80, Who Could Be In Westchester