DOVER PLAINS, N.Y. - John Bretti, a 28-year resident of Dover Plains, formerly of South Salem, died Friday, Aug. 23. He was 82.
Bretti was born Sept. 18, 1930, in Calabria, Italy, son of Salvatore and Carmella Bretti. He served in the United States Marine Corps during the Korean Conflict. He was a longtime member of the National Rifle Association. He was a home builder who owned and operated J. Bretti & Sons Builders in South Salem, for many years.
Bretti is survived by sons, John Bretti of Somers, Joseph Bretti of Westminster, Colo., James Bretti of Dover Plains and Mark Bretti of Bethel; and 10 grandchildren. He was predeceased by his parents.
Calling hours are from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 30 at the Hufcut Funeral Home, 3159 Route 22, Dover Plains. Funeral services will follow at 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
For more information, please visit: www.hufcutfuneralhome.com
- 1 Presentations Scheduled On Scotts Corners Overhaul
- 2 Mother Of Croton Child Who Died Upgraded To Serious Condition
- 3 Two Sons Injured Trying To Save Elderly Mother From Ridgefield Condo Fire
- 4 Nearly 1M Bicycles Recalled After Rider Is Paralyzed
- 5 Broadway Producer's Westchester Home Hits Market For $29.5M