NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – Jack Baumler, a North Salem sixth-grader, was struck and killed by a tree at his home Monday during Hurricane Sandy. He was 11.
High winds brought a tree down at 19 Bonnieview St. in North Salem, where Jack and his best friend, Michael C. Robson, were fatally injured.
The son of Eric and Valerie Baumler of North Salem, Jack attended North Salem Middle School. An avid all-star baseball player, he pitched for the North Salem Little League and the Connecticut Titans.
Survivors, in addition to his parents, are his brother, William; his grandparents, Henry and Luz Fries, of Bedford; three aunts; three uncles and several cousins.
Visitation is from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Thursday at Beecher Funeral Home, Brewster. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph’s Church in Croton Falls. Burial will follow at South Salem Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, 832 S. Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591.
- 1 Police In Search Of Three Missing Teens Who May Be In Westchester
- 2 Accident Reported At Intersection Of Routes 35, 124 In Lewisboro
- 3 Waccabuc Native On New Bravo Docu-Series 'Friends to Lovers?'
- 4 Amber Alert Issued For 5-Year-Old Forcibly Taken By Two Men
- 5 Christmas Week Storm May Impact Travel In Lewisboro