NORTH SALEM, N.Y. – Jack Baumler, a North Salem sixth-grader, was struck and killed by a tree at his home Monday during Hurricane Sandy. He was 11.
High winds brought a tree down at 19 Bonnieview St. in North Salem, where Jack and his best friend, Michael C. Robson, were fatally injured.
The son of Eric and Valerie Baumler of North Salem, Jack attended North Salem Middle School. An avid all-star baseball player, he pitched for the North Salem Little League and the Connecticut Titans.
Survivors, in addition to his parents, are his brother, William; his grandparents, Henry and Luz Fries, of Bedford; three aunts; three uncles and several cousins.
Visitation is from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. Thursday at Beecher Funeral Home, Brewster. A Mass of Christian burial will be celebrated at 10 a.m. Friday at St. Joseph’s Church in Croton Falls. Burial will follow at South Salem Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Make-A-Wish Foundation, 832 S. Broadway, Tarrytown, NY 10591.
- 1 Teen Killed After Being Hit By Car Crossing Road To Danbury Pizza Place
- 2 State Police Charge Two In Route 35 DWI Checkpoint
- 3 New Scam Showing Up On Facebook Could Cost You Lots Of Money
- 4 22-Year-Old Drowning Victim ID'd; Schools Superintendent's Stepson
- 5 Teenager Identified In Fatal Sprain Brook Crash