Theres plenty of live music on tap this weekend, including a benefit show at the Ridgefield Playhouse and an open mic night at Marielas Wine Bar in Pound Ridge. Want to get outside and enjoy the summer before its gone? Check out the farm market at Gossett Brothers or one of the many educational events at the Wolf Conservation Center.
Check out these events:
Friday, Aug. 24
- Sleeping With Wolves : 7-9 a.m. The Wolf Conservation Center's new nocturnal adventure experience provides a chance to camp out overnight with the 25 wolves that call the center home. With all the howls, circling vultures, and nature's nighttime chatter, you'll feel like you're camping under the stars with wild wolves. $275 per four-person tent; singles: $150, but you must bring your own tent. Visit www.nywolf.org for more info. The center is at 7 Buck Run, South Salem
- Open Mic Night: 8-11 p.m. Get your talent on and be heard at Marielas Wine Bar. All talent levels are welcome. The event is hosted by Gordon Thurber and admission is free. Marielas is at 71B Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-3424 for more information.
Saturday, Aug. 25
- Gossett Brothers Farm Market: 9 a.m. to 1p.m. The Gossett Brothers Farm Market offers fresh produce, meats and cheese, as well as seafood. The market is at 1202 Route 35 at Gossett Brothers Nursery in South Salem.
- Evening Howl for All Ages : 6-7:30 p.m. Join the Wolf Conservation Center for a special "Evening Howl" and enjoy visiting the wolves during their favorite hour - dusk. Learn about the mythology, biology and ecology of wolves in North America and enjoy a sunset howl with the wolves. Youll observe the center's critically endangered red wolves and Mexican wolves as well. Cost is $16 for adults and $13 for children under 12. Registration is required. Visit www.nywolf.org . 7 Buck Road, South Salem
- Live Music at Marielas: 8 p.m. Marielas Wine Bar presents an evening of live blues music. Admission is free. 71 Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge
Sunday, Aug. 26
- Concert for Avery: 1 p.m. Six bands will come together at the Ridgefield Playhouse to raise money for the Sophias Choice Foundation, an organization dedicated to finding a cure for spinal muscular atrophy. Join us at the playhouse to hear music by Mustard Seed Magic, blues recording artists The Jay Willie Band, Fender guitar endorsee and recording artists The Matt Rae Trio, veteran southern rockers Whitewood, and Blue Coupe, comprised of former members of Blue Oyster Cult and the Alice Cooper Band. Tickets are $25. Call 203-403-2690 or visit www.theridgefieldplayhouse.org for ticket information. 80 East Ridge, Ridgefield, Conn.
- Live Music at North Star: 6:30-9:30 p.m. Dennis Collins and Mike DiMeo will perform at the North Star restaurant in Pound Ridge. Collins, who is accompanied on piano by DiMeo, has recorded with stars such as Roberta Flack, Sting, Ray Charles, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, Sheryl Crow and Faith Hill. North Star is at 85 Westchester Ave., Pound Ridge. Call 914-764-0200 for more information.
Do you have an event youd like to publicize? Visit our Lewisboro events page at http://lewisboro.dailyvoice.com/events , or our Pound Ridge events page at http://poundridge.dailyvoice.com/events, and add your event to our calendar.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.