If youre looking for something to do this weekend, the Lewisboro-Pound Ridge area offers some eclectic choices from art exhibits to improv classes to a class on how maple syrup is made.
Check out these events:
- The Pound Ridge Library's "Films on Friday" series presents the classic "My Cousin Vinnie" with Joe Pesci and Oscar-winner Marisa Tomei. No reservations are required. Bring your lunch. The starting time is 10:30 p.m. The library is located at 271 Westchester Ave. in Pound Ridge.
- Kick off the sugaring season by helping Ward Pound Ridge staff tap the trees and learn where real maple syrup comes from at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Routes 35 and 121 South, Cross River. The event is free and kicks off at 11 a.m.
- Local artist Ann Herman of Ann Charles Photography presents photo exhibit at Pound Ridge Library that presents a rare look at the endangered animals of Africa. This is the first time the exhibit is being shown in Westchester County. The library is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturdays.
- The Ridgefield Theater Barn announces two new workshops. Developing Your Acting Career, led by Susan Grace Cohen, recently of NYUs Tisch School of the Arts and Less Strasberg Theater and Film Institute, is an eight-week course for adults only, meeting every Saturday from 3:30-5:30 p.m., through March 17, with the exception of the week of spring break. Rick Hodder, coach and director of the theaters in-house improv comedy troupe "Role in the Hay Players," leads another workshop, Fundamentals of improv, which takes place through April 1 and meets Sundays, 6:30-8:30 p.m. and ends with a performance. For more information, visit the Ridgefield Theater Barn website . The Theater Barn is located at 37 Halpin Lane in Ridgefield, Conn. The cost of the workshops is $320 and $340.
- The Ridgefield Playhouse movie series presents Tinker Tailor Solider Spy starring Gary Oldham. Movie times are Saturday at 1, 4 and 7 p.m., and Sunday at 1, 4 and 7 p.m. Tickets are $8.50 for adults and $6 for children under 12 and seniors over 62. Matinees (shows before 5 p.m.) are $6. The theater is located at 80 East Ridge Road in Ridgefield, Conn. Call 203-403-2690 for more info.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.