WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The holiday weekend will get off to a damp start in Westchester County, but the unofficial start to summer will be filled with sunny skies and temperatures in the low 80s for Memorial Day, according to the National Weather Service forecast.
Friday's weather is forecast to be a near carbon copy of Thursday, with chances of showers increasing in the afternoon with the possibility of a thunderstorm or two that could produce small hail. Temperatures will once again be in the mid to upper 60's, according to the forecast.
The rain will start to move out on Saturday, but skies will remain cloudy throughout the day. There is a chance of a passing shower or thunderstorm in the afternoon, according to the forecast.
The sun will return when the holiday weekend is in full swing on Sunday, with mostly sunny skies with high temperatures in the mid-70s. There will be a slight chance of a shower in the morning.
Memorial Day is expected to be about as picture-perfect as anyone could hope, with great parade-watching, barbecuing and beach-going weather. Expect sunny skies and temperatures right around 80 degrees to mark the unofficial start of summer.
- 1 Three Charged After Six-Month Lewisboro Heroin Probe
- 2 Lewisboro Police Chase Ends With Crash At Ridgefield Deli
- 3 July 4 Terror Warning Issued By Homeland Security, FBI
- 4 Second Escapee David Sweat Shot By New York State Police, Now In Hospital
- 5 Serious Accident Reported At I-684, I-84 Interchange