WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a listing of upcoming events at nature centers around Westchester:
Friday, Feb. 28
- Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial, Route 35, Katonah – 914-864-7268. Children’s Adventures in Horticulture – 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Kids ages 3 to 6 and their adults can discover the world of gardening through crafts and activities in the greenhouse. Fee $10; pre-register at 914- 886-5108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, March 1
- Lenoir Preserve, Dudley Street, Yonkers – 914-968-5851. Tracking and the Art of Seeing – 10 a.m. Learn what’s traveling through the preserve by their tracks and traces.
- Trailside Nature Museum at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Route 35 and 121 South, Cross River – 914-864-7322 Bluebird Box Workshop – 10 a.m. Help create homes for the state bird of New York to attract these year-round residents to your yard.
- Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial, Route 35, Katonah – 914-864-7268. Incense Making Workshop – 10:30 a.m. – noon. Learn about different types of incense, the plant sources used to make it, and the therapeutic benefits of different fragrances. Fee $15; pre-register at 914-886-5108 or email@example.com.
- Marshlands Conservancy, Boston Post Road (Route 1), Rye – 914-835-4466. Volunteer Work Project: Clearing the Northern Borden of Parson’s Meadow – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Bring work gloves; hand tools provided.
Saturday and Sunday March 1 and 2
- Croton Point Nature Center, Croton-on-Hudson – 914-862-5297. Saw Mill River Audubon Project Feeder Watch – 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. Learn how to identify birds and help keep count of the winter birds at the feeder with members of Saw Mill River Audubon. Info at sawmillaudubon.org.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.