WESTCHESTER COUNTY, N.Y. -- The following is a listing of upcoming events at nature centers around Westchester:
Friday, Feb. 28
- Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial, Route 35, Katonah – 914-864-7268. Children’s Adventures in Horticulture – 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Kids ages 3 to 6 and their adults can discover the world of gardening through crafts and activities in the greenhouse. Fee $10; pre-register at 914- 886-5108 or email@example.com.
Saturday, March 1
- Lenoir Preserve, Dudley Street, Yonkers – 914-968-5851. Tracking and the Art of Seeing – 10 a.m. Learn what’s traveling through the preserve by their tracks and traces.
- Trailside Nature Museum at Ward Pound Ridge Reservation, Route 35 and 121 South, Cross River – 914-864-7322 Bluebird Box Workshop – 10 a.m. Help create homes for the state bird of New York to attract these year-round residents to your yard.
- Lasdon Park, Arboretum and Veterans Memorial, Route 35, Katonah – 914-864-7268. Incense Making Workshop – 10:30 a.m. – noon. Learn about different types of incense, the plant sources used to make it, and the therapeutic benefits of different fragrances. Fee $15; pre-register at 914-886-5108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Marshlands Conservancy, Boston Post Road (Route 1), Rye – 914-835-4466. Volunteer Work Project: Clearing the Northern Borden of Parson’s Meadow – 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Bring work gloves; hand tools provided.
Saturday and Sunday March 1 and 2
- Croton Point Nature Center, Croton-on-Hudson – 914-862-5297. Saw Mill River Audubon Project Feeder Watch – 8 a.m. – 10 a.m. Learn how to identify birds and help keep count of the winter birds at the feeder with members of Saw Mill River Audubon. Info at sawmillaudubon.org.