VISTA, N.Y. The Vista Fire Department responded to eight calls this past week ranging from mutual aid in North Salem for a structure fire to an oil burner malfunction.
The fire log for the week of Jan. 30 to Feb. 5 follows:
- At 10:34 a.m. the company received a mutual aid request by the Croton Falls Fire Department for the tanker at the scene of a structure fire on June Road in North Salem.
- At 2:16 p.m., the company received a request for the ambulance at a residence on Smithridge Road. They transported one patient to Norwalk Hospital.
- The department received a report of an automatic activation at a residence on West Road at 2:14 p.m. The alarm was reset prior to arrival.
- At 5:54 p.m. the company received a report of an automatic alarm activation at a residence on West Road. The system was checked and the company assisted the owner in restoring it.
- The company received a request for the ambulance at a residence on Smithridge Road at 8:38 p.m. The patient was transported to Norwalk Hospital.
- At 6:21 p.m. the company received a report of an automatic alarm activation at a residence on Shore Trail. It was determined that cooking set off the alarm.
- The company received a report of a possible structure fire on Ridgeland Road at 7:24 a.m. The company arrived and found it to be an oil burner malfunction and turned the burner off. They vented the residence and checked it for any carbon monoxide prior to determining the scene safe.
- At 9 a.m. the company received a report of an automatic alarm activation at a residence on Bishop Park. It was determined to be a malfunction of the alarm.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.